Monday, September 14, 2009

Getting Quasi Published!

During my last semester at BYU, I worked as a research assistant for a professor who was writing a book about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Germany during the Second World War. I did a little editing and a lot of poring through German microfilms and internet databases trying to track down the fate of soldiers who were listed as MIA. I also got the opportunity to go and help with a few interviews where we met with survivors of the war or their descendents. We listened to their stories, got as much detail as possible so we could compare it to other accounts and verify as much as possible, and took pictures of their old photos and surviving keepsakes. Anyway, the book is finally done and published and will be hitting the shelves on September 21st! I'm pretty stoked! At one point there was talk of crediting all of the research assistants who worked on this project (for we were many), but whether or not that actually happened, I still feel pretty special. Anyone who's interested in more info, or wants to order a copy can visit the publisher's website.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey, I took family history from him, and considered being a research assistant for him a few years ago! :) Then I could've helped with that book too! I hope you get your name in it! That'd be a fun thing to have on your shelf!

Jen Bowen said...

I also had him as a family history professor. I hope you had a great birthday yesterday!

liso. said...

that's awesome - I mean, whether or not your name shows up, it sounds like totally interesting research... congrats!