Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kess and the Banjolins

I found a solution to my Mandolin envy: a banjo. I hijacked it from Aaron, along with four fingerpicks that don't really fit, but make me look like I know what's going on. What with practicing my banjo and guitar daily, I am developing some really excellent string callusses on my left hand. Also, I am now intermediate enough on my guitar that I can even play tabs I find on the internet!


Check out the sweet orange lining in the case. This baby was high quality when he was new in the seventies! (Are banjos he or she? I went with he, but I'm still a bit unsure). I've also made the somewhat elementary discovery that in order for my blog to have pictures, I'm going to have to take pictures. They're a little ghetto (yay for camera phones), but here's a smattering of the newest developments in my life lately, besides the banjo:

I joined the Apple cool kids! This is my brand new iPod -- less than 48 hours old! Isn't it cute? Many thanks to Grandma Johnson for the graduation money that bought it.


Camping season is officially open! We brought plenty of food, plenty of long sticks for me to make torches out of, and plenty of bug spray for me to apply liberally... to everyone:

Also, when I saw these pictures last Monday after the campout, I had only one thing on my mind: haircut. Which I have since taken care of. Sorry, no pictures yet. And last but not least...

My roommate Jenny and I decided to become concert studs this summer, so we started last night with the Secondhand Serenade concert. It was a great show, facemelting guitar solos included, and the guy who opened for them (I think his name's Ferras or something) also had a really good sound. Yay for banjos, iPods, camping, and concerts. Just add swimming, and I think we have summer!

1 comment:

Paula said...

You have a blog! And a banjo! And an iPod! Those are all cool things. We have a blog too...and an iPod...not a banjo. I have to hear you play one of these days. If you don't have the link to our blog it's on my facebook page. Have a wonderful sunny afternoon! I'll call you sometime this week. I miss you!