It's midsummer and high time to show some love to the Northern countries, so without further ado, here are some suggestions for how to complete the above sentence:
... they host the annual World Wife-Carrying Championships, and the winner of this obstacle-strewn sprint takes home his wife's weight in beer. Which leads me to ask, is it better to take a light wife so your chances of winning are better, or a heavy one so winning is more worth it?
... they don't just host the World Berry-Picking Championships, they divide them into 5 different classes. So if you are a hermaphrodite born in 1995 in possession of a rake, I suggest you high tail it to Finland to claim all five of your gold medals.
... Newsweek named them the Best Country in 2010, and if Newsweek says it, it must be true.
... Forbes and Gallup named them the world's second happiest country in 2010. The same poll ranked Libya at number 3, and we all know that civil wars and revolutions are excellent happiness indicators.
... they herd reindeer.
... if you are torn between your love of Ikea and your love of the sixties, Finland is the place for you.
... and did I mention the World Air Guitar Championships, World Mobile Phone Throwing Championship (complete with a freestyle category for the choreographically minded among you), and the naked 5k? *Warning: If you now have or in the past have had a sensitivity to saggy old man bottom, do not click that last link*
... sometimes it looks like this:
2 comments:
You freakin crack me up, I love reading your posts. PLEASE write a book I would read it and tell all my friends about it. Go Em Go!
I think this is "hands down" the best blog post i have ever read...i wish i had your brain :)
Post a Comment