Saturday, January 19, 2013

And then she went all Dead Poets Society in the lunchroom

She looked mostly like this ... but a girl ... and with a pink fauxhawk, a mini skirt, and combat boots.
You know what makes your day after a good self-esteem crushing parent?  A visit from an old student who just stopped by to tell you thank you for helping her get a five (the highest possible score) on her AP test. 

You know what makes your week after two self self-esteem crushers?  When that student hugs you and tells you she's taking AP classes at her new high school this year and it's made her realize you were "freaking amazing and also awesome." 

You know what makes your year?  When she then jumps up on the lunchroom table in the middle of your current AP students and yells "Attention peasants!  This lady (throwing her arm back to gesture towards you)  Knows.  Her.  S--t!  She got me a FIVE on the AP test, so you guys should TRUST her. Because she is AMAZING.  And also awesome.  So listen.  That is all." And then the lunchroom gives her a standing ovation.

You know what the best bit was?  That the only part of this I borrowed from Dead Poets Society is the picture.  I might have to quit teaching right now because I'm fairly certain this cannot be topped.  Thank you former student whose name I'm omitting because you're still a minor!  You are the absolute best!