Eleventh graders wetting their pants in class.
Ninth graders asking "We're in America. Why can't I write it in American?" in German class.
Eleventh graders catching lizards at lunch and bringing them to class.
Tenth graders sticking duct tape in their friends' hair.
Telling your eleventh graders to please drink Red Bull before class to make them more interesting.
Live scorpions nesting in your bookshelf.
Students complaining that their relatives get a bad rap for being in the KKK.
Learning that people here don't mean rollypollies when they say potato bug. This...

is a potato bug (aka Jerusalem Cricket or, as I affectionately refer to them, Killer Mutant Nuclear Scorpion Wasps!). The one I found was about 2 1/2 inches long. And alive.
3 comments:
I'm so glad you found that lovely little creature before it bit you! XO
So, the other day Becca was rolling around on the floor and I went to give her a drink and there totally was a bee crawling on her chest! I seriously almost had a heart attack. Once I finished screaming, I had the sense to flick it off her chest, trap it, and get it outside. I have no idea how it got in. Your stories crack me up. I hope you had a great birthday! Sorry I never called you that night. We came back late, I was feeling mega sick, and Becca was yelling her guts out. I miss you!
I'm so sorry Emily, it sounds like you are on a different planet. I wish you were closer to home so you didn't have to see those nasty creatures whether they be high schoolers or killer mutant nuclear scorpion-wasps!!! I'm glad you're coming home this weekend for a break!! BYE!
Post a Comment