For Reals. For starters, I stayed up too late last night making sure that everything was in perfect order for my second of three teaching evaluations this year. I even had my fourth period class all prepped to be awesome for the principal . . . not that they're not awesome everyday, just a little bit more ostentatiously awesome for the occasion. I met with the principal before school to go over today's plans so he would know what to expect, and he said he was coming to second period instead because he had to go to Vegas for a meeting. Okay. Fine. Second period are turds, but they'll be fine.
They were not fine. They followed zero directions, they totally tuned me out, and overall it was probably the least effective class period I have ever had. Rock on. Mixed in with the general student apathy were the part where the math department cancelled my computer lab reservation and didn't tell me so I showed up with my whole class to a full computer lab of students taking math tests, the part where the librarian told me I could get sued for bringing my class to the library when I found out the computer lab was full (?!?), and the part where I turned on our daily cnn.com news clip (which I had previewed and it was totally normal stuff about Israel and Hamas) to find a graphic content warning and the beginnings of a story about Hugh Heffner asking for a federal bailout for the porn industry. I mean really, it's hilarious enough that the porn industry thinks it deserves a bailout, but what are the odds of cnn.com accidentally switching my clip for it on the one day all semester that the principal is evaluating my performance?!?!? Thanks, universe!
7 comments:
Um, wow. I think the universe just decided to poop on you. My condolences.
Holy Crap on a stick, I think that wins the worst day ever award.
your day was poop. but today i got pooped on. yes, i got popped on. i almost had it in my hair. id still rather be pooped on than have a poopy day, though.
Good thing you were getting a pink slip anyway. But that does stink.
Oh wow Emily! I can't believe that day! You could definitely say the universe was against you. I hope the rest of your week improved and that the principle was understanding! I had to laugh at the library part. Who says something like that!?
I almost peed my pants laughing. Oh, poor Emily, I'm so sorry!! Truly, I am!
Post a Comment