Listened to a youth speaker talk on the Jonas Brothers (and chastity I think, but mostly just the Jonas Brothers)
Listened to her father give a talk on the Utah Utes football team (there is no gospel oriented 'and' here. It was really just on the Utes)
Traced my ancestry back to Clodius (Clodie) I who was born in around BC 10. Turns out I really am emperor for life!
Taught a 15 year old how to spell his own middle name (Dimitrius). When I showed him the correct spelling he said "Man I was way off! There's not even a ch in there!" Yup.
Walked out of my classroom door straight into a horse's derriere. There was literally a live horse in the hallway after school today, complete with both front end and backside.
Got my cute new rainboots in the mail and wore them around the house all evening. It turns out there's nothing like a little online shopping to make me feel better about living in Ely!
4 comments:
ooh, those are cute boots. Will you call me again when you get a chance.
I can hardly wait to hear what your students say when they see those boots! XO
jonas brothers and the utes. sounds like a good church meeting. a little more lively than the ones we have around here. although one time when i was in high school some lady gave a talk on toasters and how she likes the 4-slotted ones. mmm toasters. still not as interesting as the jonas brothers.
Emily?...the only way those boots would be any better is if they were pink and brown pokiedotties on the purple background. I want to watch you teach a whole day in them--ask me sometime about how Marie Hafen used purple tennis shoes with her usual teaching at BYU attire to make a clear point about good writing mechanics. Very effective!
Post a Comment