Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Unpacking


There's a reason I always bring my books with me when I move. They're the only things I've unpacked so far, and already I feel more at home. I can't wait to bring the rest of them!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

We just barely bought a tall bookshelf a week ago, so we could have a place for all (well, some) of our books to be out in our living room and accessible, instead of in a box in storage. It immediately transformed our apartment into a home, rather than some place we were staying for awhile. I totally agree with the need to have books accessible!

Jonathan Weiss said...

I love my books too! They bring a sense of safety and stillness. I have recently found out that I have over 120 books!! That makes me happy! I have so many adventures to go on through the gate of Homer or The Brother Karamzov or better yet all my unfinished textbooks that I have decided to keep!!

liso. said...

ditto!

whenever we pack up to move, I realize that MUCH of my junk is in the form of items-that-go-on-bookcases and how much freer i would be without them.

but i just couldn't do that to them! especially with these nooks and kindles just TRYING to push them out of existence!