It turns out that my life is never quite as interesting as when I'm telling it, which leads me to believe that I'm either a sick deluded liar or a really good storyteller. All I can say for the truth of what follows is that if I was in charge of the universe, this is how it would have really happened...
Saturday, December 13, 2008
A little bit ghetto and a lot bit magical
I tried out the local movie theater today, and it was a little like stepping into the movie "The Majestic" except without Jim Carrey, which is generally considered a vast improvement. It's all scary looking with no lights on the outside, and then when you go in there's a handwritten note that says "We are sorry to no longer be able to accept checks debit cards credit cards CASH." I could only assume that meant that they do accept cash, or tonight was free movie night. Then it starts to look like a grand old theater with the small candy counter and these big wooden double doors leading into the auditorium, which is mammoth huge. It's not super wide, but it is really long and the screen is kind of small. They still have an actual hand drawn curtain over the screen, and they only have one showing: weekends and Mondays at 7:00pm. As the movie started, I noticed an odd clicking sort of like rhythmic rain and eventually realized that it was the sound of the genuine reel to reel projector in the booth behind me. For some reason that sound just made the whole movie experience feel grand and magical. It's also funny because everyone in the theater knows each other so it's almost more like watching in someone's house than a theater, what with all the girls whistling at Edward Cullen and the boys groaning or yelling shut up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a good writer. I'm excited to keep up with your happenin happenings in Ely! Merry Christmas
Post a Comment