Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This year I'm thankful for the Briggs family

Yes, I know it's a little late for the I'm thankful post, but since thankfulness is a year round virtue, I think it's okay. Anyway, today was a really stressful day at work, and I was kind of mad at the counselor and some of my kids, so I took a drive after work to just chill. Sometimes I forget how hard my kids' lives are, and I get frustrated with them, but when I stop to think about it I just can't handle thinking about all the stuff they have to deal with all the time. It literally breaks your heart. So with that on my mind I headed to the community Christmas concert to sing with the LDS choir. As soon as I got there, the Briggs' all came to chat with me, and it was nice to realize that it actually feels familiar and normal to hang out with them - I've missed that family feeling a lot in this town. So halfway through the sing-a-long as I was squished between Jordan and Brother Briggs to stay warm and Sister Briggs asked what kind of Lebkuchen I want them to bring me back from Germany it hit me that I do have a family here... and I'm glad for them. three cheers for the Briggs!

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

I'm thankful for the Briggs family too!!! XO