Monday, August 31, 2009

I am officially 100 years old

Today on campus at BYU I spotted a lost little freshman, and offered to help him find his class. Then I recognized him as the valedictorian from White Pine High School class of 2009. For those of you who don't obsessively follow my life, that is the school where I taught last year... and knew him as a student. I felt like a dinosaur.

In other news, I am now taking 2 classes at UVU, 1 class at BYU, and 2 classes online from BYU, all in pursuit of a social studies teaching certification. I am currently certified in History and German, but I am in school again so I can upgrade to social studies which also includes geography, political science, economics, etc., and hopefully makes me more employable.

And since I am terrible at retro-posting and catching up on an entire summer at once, here is a brief list of this summer's highlights:
I moved back to Provo.
I went to Canada (and Washington) for the first time! (since I was born there!)
I got a boyfriend. Then I broke up with him.
I went to Manti a lot. Sometimes for all girl camping, once for the pageant.
I went to tons of weddings, all of which were lovely (how's that for impersonal ;)
I didn't take any pictures of anything... because I am a camera loser. Sorry!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Well if you can't have any pictures at least your new background is cute!

Jenny said...

You know who REALLY WAS officially 100 years old? Schwester Weigel from Chemnitz. I wonder if she is still going strong?

Danforth said...

Camera loser... (*snort*).