...or a strong clothespin. Apparently the latter is more effective.
And in more depressing news, remember the school that never picked up my DVD? Well, I called and emailed them to find out what happened, and apparently signature required is just a little too rigorous for them, but they wanted another copy of the DVD right away. So I FedExed them a new DVD (no signature required) with tracking emails sent both to them and to me so they would, you know, notice if a package showed up for them. I emailed them back today to make sure it all arrived okay and to find out what's next in the process, and I received the following reply: "Thank you for sending the DVD! We have begun the process of reviewing it. Currently we have two positions open and we have made two offers for those positions. If either one of them is turned down, we will review you again as a possible candidate for the position."
This would be a perfectly amiable reply as per my previous rants directed to HR, except that I'm still hurt by the fact that they didn't bother to pick up the first package I sent them, and as a result I missed my chance and they offered the position to someone else. Seriously, what else was I supposed to do?!?!? Somewhere the Tom Hanks in my head (what? your extra personalities aren't famous Hollywood actors? Hmm) is telling me "it's not personal. It's business." This is the general scene that follows, but in my version, Meg Ryan slaps him, because in the end she's still the one sitting at home in a pile of Kleenex and he's still a bagillionaire, and no amount of self-righteous speeches can change that. But a good backhand might...
1 comment:
OH MY GOSH EMILY!! You are freakin hilarious! I have just checked your blog and noticed a ton of new posts which I was sooo happy to see. Seriously your time at the Clark Johnson home is definitely one crazy ride. The funny farm maybe?! I love it. I am so sorry about your frustrating beyond belief situation with the potential employment opportunity. What a joke really. Hang in there something will go through I just know it!! See ya in a few weeks!
Post a Comment