Friday, April 30, 2010

Animal House: Days 7 and 8

So in addition to housing six lovely children and one very exuberant labradoodle, this place is also home to three baby chickens (named Tortivia, PT Daily, and Indolai), a gosling named Chug, and two as of yet unnamed tadpoles. They are very large and probably toads.

For reference, that tupperware bowl has a ten inch diameter. The two youngest girls love the goose so much they've almost been guilty of multiple counts of fowl-slaughter, and I consider it quite the achievement that he has survived the week.


And last but not least, for any fellow fans of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society out there.... today the little girls were playing on the tramp and I was playing fetch with said exuberant labradoodle when I turned around to see the two year old laying on the middle of the tramp with her eyes shut and her arms crossed (think Anne of Green Gables), and the four year old jumping circles around her chanting "Dead girl, dead girl, silly little dead girl!" I told her I didn't know how to play that game, for which I received her sassiest glare and a very snarky "Do you even know Grandma Johnson?" Can't wait to ask Grandma what Dead Girl is all about....

No comments: