Sunday, May 10, 2009

I always forget my camera!

Alas, this post is sans pictures, but I still had an awesome trip to Portland/Vancouver. I spent a great plane ride with Kim reminiscing and plotting future adventures for this summer, then the roommate formerly known as Jennie Hansen and her hubby picked me up and took me out for the Best Salmon Ever!!! I really should eat fish in coastal states more often... or go to coastal states more often. We played games, ate ice cream, and all around had a good time. Oh ya, and laughed at James' silly antics.

On Saturday the roommate now formerly known as Jenny J Randall had a slight legal incident and came out of it as Jenny White. When I got to the temple for the ceremony, I realized that I had my suitcase with me and nowhere to store it for the next hour (locker rooms inside? apparently my brain wasn't working). I saw a teenage boy outside the temple who looked vaguely like Jenny's family picture, so I opened the car door and yelled out "Are you Nick?" He said yes, so I handed him my suitcase, said "Watch this for awhile, please?" and ran inside. Good times. Her grandfather performed the wedding, and it was a lovely ceremony.

I spent the rest of the day cracking jokes with her uncles, laughing at the outrageous things people kept saying to Kim, and playing made up cardgames with the whole Nielson clan. It was the most beautiful weather and everything was awesome. Three cheers for old friends, new places, and fresh fish!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

We had a great time! :) I'm sorry we didn't take pictures either. And we had a camera the whole time! Oops. Thanks for squeezing time into your short trip for us!

Danforth said...

I vote "go to coastal states more often." Is that even really a question?
And I am happy to report zero airport sightings.