Thursday, October 2, 2008

My First Parent Teacher Conferences

I had my first parent teacher conferences last night, and I must say, I looked mighty professional in my all black get up with white dots on my black German blazer. I felt kind of awesome. The conferences went great! I met the stake president, I found out that some of my kids really do go home and tell their parents they like my class *insert warm fuzzies here*, I met a dad who claimed to be the grandmaster of a family clan of Japanese Samurai. Other than that he seemed normal.... but somehow that's the weirdest kind of insanity. Naja, at least I got him to squish one of my killer mutant nuclear scorpion wasps for me while he was there - which, by the by, proves just how killer and mutant they are: He is easy 250 pounds, and he stomped on it twice (soooo disgusting.... I heard it pop!) .... and it was still alive 2 hours later. I threw a plastic cup over it and made my TA clean it up this morning. Poor Nathan - what a champ!

1 comment:

Shannon and Justin! said...

congrats on looking like a stunning german. i must say, read this and then was watching your little slideshow and i saw a pic of you in a very floral jody dress and accidently giggled.