Friday, April 23, 2010

The Nanny Diaries: Day 1

Today is day 1 of an 8 day nannying stint for my aunt and uncle. Well, not really for them so much as for their six children, aged smallish-toddler to freshman in high school (is it bad that I don't actually know how old these children are?) Here's what I learned today:

You don't have to master speech before you master the ever delightful burp on command. This little angel (the smallish toddler) is still building up her 5 word vocabulary, but today when her older sister accidentally burped she looked around for a second, plugged her nose, swallowed some air, and let out a shockingly loud belch. Hilarity ensued.

Something about these glasses must be precocious. I always thought it was me, but I've noticed that spirited children are drawn to them, and look adorable in them.

The best phrase for distracting small children from missing their mommy is "Say 'cheese!'" which leads me to believe there will be more photorific blog fun before this gig runs out.

1 comment:

marthaj said...

Brilliant distraction manuever! And, Ziza? Belching? By its very definition a belch is bigger than she is! LOL!